I know I’ve said it at least 1,596 times, but I seriously hate trying to figure out what I want to eat in the midst of a hunger attack. I want something I know is there and ready to go so that I can grab it and chow down immediately. If I have nothing available, I will either grab something junky or I just won’t eat at all in attempts of avoiding said junky food. It’s really a lose-lose battle.
Lately I’ve seen so many people create these “energy balls” (I hate the word “balls” for obvious reasons) and finally created a mixture of my own that I like. Two balls (har har) is just enough to curb my hunger, not to mention it is perfect when I am having a wicked craving for sweets. They’ll keep in the fridge for about a week and are super quick and easy to grab (that’s what he said). So go on! Whip up a batch and when you’re looking for a quick snack, go ahead and grab a couple balls!!
- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes*
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 100% vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into 1-inch diameter balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
* To toast your own coconut, preheat your oven to 350F. Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, stirring half way through. Keep a close eye, they can burn quick!
Nutritional Info for 2 balls: Calories: 198 Carbs: 23g Fats: 10g Protein: 8g